Evergreen Notes is very similar to Zettelkasten, and the core principles are almost the same. The difference is that Zettelkasten consider literature notes and permanent notes as a tool for building outputs (academic papers, blogs) , while Evergreen / Digital garden, focuses on knowledge accumulation.
- Fleet notes are made, so that you won't forget.
- Literature notes are made, and kept, as a knowledge base.
- Permanent note summarises multiple lit notes.
- And that leads to some kind of output.
- Atomic notes areaccumulated.
- Ideas as written and added to garden. All notes are part of the garden, and has a potential to be evergreen.
- Notes get modified over time, and 'grows' as you learn more.
- Notes might change drastically, gets archived or deleted.
- Knowledge is accumulated.