Start building a design system by building a weighted Interface InventoryInterface Inventory
An interface inventory is a comprehensive collection of the bits and pieces that make up your interface.
Take screenshots of all components, dump them to some products like Miro, Fig..., based on frequency of reuse of common components. Then start with a pilot project. Use Pareto PrinciplePareto Principle
The Pareto principle, commonly known as 80-20 rule, states that for many outcomes, roughly 80% of consequences come from 20% of the causes.
- Potential for reusable components/patterns.
- Components with High-Business value.
- How easy it is to build them. Time frame
- Inspire someone, make them design system evangelist
- Marketing potential.
- Can be decoupled and built/don't break.
- Create a Pilot Scorecard (1-10) that shows you which products have a better score, based on these sweet spots.