- I use Key Magic with Mozhi Mapping to type phonetic Malayalam.
- Some times Mac might not allow you to install Keymagic from orginal source, in that case try download from Mac Download and install it.
- Go to
System Preference > Keyboard > Input Sourceand add Keymagic, from
Multiple Languagesoption. (There is a
+icon, on bottom-left).
- This will enable KeyMagic. Also, select 'Show Input Menu in Menu Bar'.
- Now, to configure Key Magic, Select Key Magic from Menu bar, and click on it again.
- You will see 'Open Keyboard Directory ' as an option. Click on that, which will open
Malayalam-Mozhi.km2from Narayam and paste that file to this folder. You can delete other .km2 files from the folder, to declutter the options.
- Now Keymagic will show Malayalam Mozhi as an option. Select that, and start typing!
Typing using Malayalam Inscript
- Instead of Malaylam-Mozhi.km2, download Malayalam-Inscript.km2 and you can type in inscript.
- Learned from Junaid's Blog