The Eisenhower Matrix or Urgent-Important Matrix is a framework that helps in prioritising tasks by urgency and importance. The matrix is divided into four :
- Top being Important (I)
- bottom for Not-important (NI)
- left for Urgent (U)
- right for Not-urgent (NU)
This gives four quadrants NU+I, U+I, U+NI and NU+NI.
- Do what's in Urgent and Important
- Schedule Important but not Urgent
- Delegate not important but urgent
- ignore what's not important or urgent.
Ankur Warikoo recommended adding a Third dimension to Eisenhower Matrix, and making it practically easier.