- Design System is a collection of reusable Components, build using Atomicity and Sub-atomic Design Tokens particles that follow the guideline, behave consistently, and together work as the building block of the product.
- A design system is not a pattern library or a sticker sheet. Atoms being consistent or similar in a design system won't make the final result compatible. For that, it requires a clear documented guideline on behavior and usage patterns. Usage patterns, organisms, and templates make the system scalable Design is Scaling.
- It follows Lego-like structure but does come with some themes and rules. The combinations are not unlimited.
- Consider the design system as the single source of truth that groups all the elements that will allow the teams to design, realize and develop a product.
- Start with Scorecards to Pilot Design System Migration instead of over planning and underachieving.
- Design System Learning