Partial Screen Shot of gnu.org with rufscript as font, in firefox. For more screen shots see here.
Making a font from others handwriting is more to experiment than fun. And what it made so thrill is that, all the glyphs for making of the font are captured from her note book, without her knowledge. My K750 worked as the capturing machine. The font is licensed under GNU GPL version 3 + Font Exception.
Here is the font as ttf and here is its source sfd.
The font is compiled and designed in the latest stable version of fontforge, (20080927, available as tarball at sourceforge).I remember Steve of freefont saying that the sfd created by new version fontforge is unreadable to its older versions.
Font Name – Rufscript
Emsize – 2048
Acent : Decent value – 1639 : 409
Contains – Unicode Rage Basic Latin [95/95]
Tools used – Fontforge, Inkscape, GIMP, gedit
Thanks list :
- Lithu, whose handwriting is now turned into this font, for writing notes in class hours.
- Hussain K H and Suresh P, who made me a font designer.
- Classmates specially Kiran, Sheen, Lalu and Chinnu who were so eager to see the font completed.
- To friends in FOSS, specially anivar, who used the alpha version rufscript to design his blog.
- IRC channels mates at #smc-project, #fedora-art, ##fonts (all in freenode).
- Niyam, Rahul Bhalerao who loved this work and suggested many modifications.
- To Sony Ericsson for providing a wonderful mobile camera and DELL for the laptop I am using.
Wanna your handwriting to decorate your computer – for very hadwritting font contact me!
PS : I love to make the deb / rpm package of it, should I or will someone?